Discord is a platform that is mostly preferred by gamers and developers. And since the last few years, it has been gaining even more users; Well, the main reason behind that is Discord’s ability to provide someone’s IP address; pretty cool, right?
But still, many users are looking for answers on how to find someone’s IP address on Discord. So if you are also one of them, you have come to the right place. Here, I have accumulated a few steps that you can follow to get someone’s IP address with a snap of your fingers.
Finding someone’s IP address through Discord is not a big task. All you have to do is create a web application that stores user information, such as the IP address of the visitor. Then just send the link of that website to your friend on Discord. And then when your friend opens that link, you can easily store that link in a database or send it to yourself.
Disclaimer- The information available here is solely for the stated purpose and nothing more or less than that. We are not responsible for any action taken based on or use of the above information.
The method discussed above was the most basic, but I have a lot more for you. Let’s see and learn all the possible methods to get someone’s IP via Discord.
How to get someone’s IP address from Discord?
Here are some methods you can use to easily get someone’s IP address in a few seconds.
Create an IP Receiver
The first and most common step is to create an IP receiver. In this method, the user needs to create a web application that captures the visitor’s IP address. This way, if that app’s link is sent to someone via Discord, their IP address will be transferred to the owner of that app. For this, you need to have a Discord account, and if you don’t, you can start by creating an account first.
Note: The process for this method is quite technical, so if you are not a tech-savvy person, you may need to check out the second method below.
The section is divided into four sections to make it easy to understand.
Create the web application
Before creating a website; You should first familiarize yourself with this concept. Every time you browse or visit a website, your router sends a request to the website’s server. This request contains important information about the IP of your system, the required data and more.
The web application that we will discuss creating today will extract the IP address from the user’s request, and that IP address can be stored in a database.
Note: This method can only extract the public IP, so it will only be able to obtain specific information, such as the name of the service provider and the location of the user.
Now that you know the concept of building web applications and it’s working, let’s go ahead and take a look at the steps to create a web application.
The first method is to choose the right frontend, but since only the backend of this website is its important part, its frontend design won’t matter much. The backend, however, is the most crucial part of this website; you must include an IP address grabber in your back-end for this method to work.
The next step would be hosting; After finishing the programming function, it is time to host your website on the Internet. And once your site is live on the internet, it’s time to run this experiment.
All you have to do is start your Discord, log into your account and send the link of that website to your friend.
Use Discord’s IP Grabber
The IP grabber captures the IP address of the user who clicks on the unique link, and that link is purposely configured to extract the IP address. You can use the above method and create your Discord IP capture extension or use any third party service for the same. That is how:
- Visit Grabify.
- Enter a valid URL in the box that will make it easy for the other user to open it.
- Once you’ve pasted the URL into the box, click create URL.
- Then, the link information will be shown to you, the new URL that you receive on the screen is the one that you have to send.
- If you want to extract more information about the person, click on the Smart Logger option.
- You can even click view other link shorteners and choose any shorter links as well.
- Check the link you want to use and check the IP address with it.
Discord IP resolver
If you’re wondering how to get someone’s IP from Discord without a link, a Discord IP resolver might be your answer. With a Discord resolver, you can scan, extract, crack or recover any user’s IP address. It sends fake messages through its artificial intelligence algorithm to capture the user’s geographic location. This is how you can use it:
- Launch your Discord app and visit its settings section.
- There, click on appearance and then enable developer mode.
- Then move to the Discord panel and right-click on your target user ID, and click Copy ID.
- Once copied, start the IP resolver and paste the ID there.
- With only that you will get all the available information of the user on your screen. But remember that if the user is offline, you won’t be able to extract any of their details.
Use a command prompt
Another way to get someone’s IP through Discord is through a command prompt. The tool is usually pre-installed on most Windows devices. All you have to do is start the program, type a command, and it will run some code that will extract the user’s IP address in a few minutes. Pretty easy, right? This is the most preferred and most used method by anyone who wants to locate someone’s IP address.
Let’s learn how to get someone’s IP via Discord using a command prompt:
- For starters, close all tabs, sites, and programs running on your system except the browser; this will lead to higher accuracy.
- Launch the Discord app and see if the person whose IP address you want to extract is online or not. The method will not be carried out if the person is offline.
- Then click Windows+R keys together to launch the Run dialog.
- Once done, type CMD there.
- Then, type ‘netstat -an’ and press the Enter key.
- You will then see a list of codes on your screen; scroll down and find the one marked “set”.
- Then copy the IP address from there and paste it into whatismyipaddress for a more precise location.
However, if the above method does not work then there may be chances that there is something wrong with your account and therefore Discord not opening, you can check if there is any problem logging into your Discord account or any other failure. .
Anyone who wants to look up an IP address via Discord, How to get someone’s IP on Discord with Wireshark is also an important query. Well, not anymore because I came up with a solution. Let’s find out.
It can be used as a protocol analyzer as it allows you to easily see what is happening in the browser you are using. Wireshark is a pretty efficient application that can be used for many functions when tracking anyone or anything. Let’s see how:
- Download Wireshark to your device, choose the correct version, and follow all the on-screen procedures.
- Make sure to close all other tabs for more accuracy, and then sign in to your Discord account.
- Then in Wireshark search for Discord and it will show you all the processes going on with Discord right now. Try searching for a variety of protocols, and on each one, go into Discord.
- Search various packages and user information until you get what you were looking for.
- Once you get the correct IP address, paste it into whatismyipaddress to find out the exact location.
So, these were all the methods you can use to track someone’s IP address from Discord. But while going through all these methods, did it ever occur to you that what if someone else could use it on you? Well if you did, here are some ways to protect yourself from such attacks.
How to protect yourself from such attacks?
Here are some measures you can take to protect yourself against such intruder attacks:
- Get a VPN – A virtual private network might be of some use here, not really much of a use. It protects you and your connection by giving you a fake IP address, so even if someone manages to locate your IP address from Discord, your region will have already changed and they won’t do it right. There are plenty of great VPN options you can use, take a look.
- Avoid clicking on any links – The best thing you can do to protect yourself is to avoid clicking on any suspicious links. If the link somehow seems suspicious to you, or you’ve never seen it before, make sure you avoid it at all costs.
So, it was all about ways to get someone’s IP address from Discord and ways to protect yourself from it. Apart from such methods, I must advise you to stay away from any other tools or extensions as they might be malicious in some way.