In this guide, you will learn:
A cloud-based desktop and mobile messaging app, Telegram has become very popular in a short period of time. Launched in 2013, Telegram successfully surpassed 500 million monthly active users in January 2021. And that’s really huge. The reason for its rapid success is obvious to all; Telegram messenger offers easy and fast login to its app and desktop version. Other than that, its useful and easy-to-use features are something you should check out:
- Offers end-to-end encrypted video calls
- VoIP Offers
- Allows file sharing
- Private messaging and self-destruct function
- Allows you to access your chats from multiple devices
- Faster message delivery
- There is no specified limit for sending media through chats
- Offers an open API and free source code
- Safe from hackers
- Telegram groups can have up to 2,00,000 members.
- Allows you to customize your messenger
If you are here for help regarding Telegram login on app or web then keep reading as all the important information related to Telegram login is lined up in this blog for you.
Steps to log in to Telegram on desktop
In order to log in to Telegram on your laptop or desktop device, you must first download the Telegram app on your device using the following links:
- Telegram for Windows x64
- Telegram for Mac OS
- Telegram for Linux x64
- Telegram for Windows
After that, you need to click on the downloaded file and follow the instructions on the screen to install the Telegram application.
Once you have installed the app on your device, you will see a Telegram shortcut on your desktop, please follow the instructions below to log in to your Telegram account:
- Click on the ‘Telegram’ app to open it.
- Then click ‘Start Messaging’.
- On the next screen, you will need to enter your mobile phone number and click ‘Next’. Or you can also sign in with a QR code.
- Then enter the code sent to your mobile phone number and click ‘Next’. Remember that you will receive the code in the Telegram app installed on your phone, if you want to receive it by SMS, click on ‘Send code by SMS’
- You then need to enter your cloud password and click ‘Submit’.
Note: the cloud password is only required if you have activated two-step verification for your Telegram account.
- After this, you will be logged into your Telegram account on your Windows; now you can start sending messages.
Similarly, you can log into your Telegram account over the web on any desktop device by simply downloading and installing the app.
Steps to log in to Telegram on Android or iPhone
First of all, you need to install the Telegram app on your Android or iPhone device using the following links:-
For Android: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.telegram.messenger&hl=en_IN&gl=US
For iPhone: https://apps.apple.com/in/app/telegram-messenger/id686449807
- Once you have installed the app, open it.
- Tap ‘Start sending messages’
- Then you need to allow Telegram to receive calls to automatically confirm your number.
- Then enter your number and press the arrow button to continue.
- Enter the code you received in your Telegram app installed on another device, or you can also select to receive the code via SMS on your phone number.
- After entering the code correctly, you will be allowed to log in to the Telegram messaging app.
This is how you can log in to the Telegram app, but remember that you will only be asked to log in to Telegram when you have uninstalled the app from your mobile device; otherwise, logging in once is enough.
After logging into your Telegram account, you can chat with your contacts who are online or manage your groups.
Also, check out:
Telegram login problems: quick solutions to fix them
Just like a regular messaging app, Telegram has its own set of issues that might surprise you from time to time if you are a loyal user of this communication service. Here are some quick tips to deal with all kinds of login issues you might face with Telegram:
- First, make sure you’re connected to the internet on your desktop or mobile device, regardless of what you’re using to sign in.
- Now, if you have made multiple login attempts and were unsuccessful due to entering the wrong code, you will have to wait at least 24 hours before you can log in again.
- Also, if you recently deleted your Telegram account and you are trying to login to recover it, you may not succeed as once the Telegram account is deleted, it is gone forever. You can only create a new Telegram account, that too after a few days.
- You may not be able to log in to Telegram if your phone number was banned, and if you think this is a mistake, you can report it on Telegram’s Twitter.