Instagram has become the most used social network over the years and if you own an Instagram account, you must be aware of all the amazing features that it offers. You can take a look at the lifestyle of your favorite celebrity, share your lifestyle too and increase your followers on Instagram. People will visit your Instagram more often if they like what you share.
There may be times when you want to hide images on Instagram. I have received many emails asking me how to hide posts on Instagram and if there is an option to hide Instagram posts from certain followers. So I have explained all related concerns in this article, please read it till the end and hopefully you will get all your answers.
So if you want to know how to hide Instagram posts, there are different methods, but which method suits your situation totally depends on the concern you have, for example, if you want to hide posts on Instagram from anyone or everyone.
table of Contents
How to hide posts on Instagram?
There is only one method by which you can hide your Instagram posts and that is to ‘Archive’ them. Doing that will transfer that post to the archive folder and no one will be able to see it until you undo things.
Steps to hide your post on Instagram
By following the steps below, you will be able to hide your post on Instagram and that too without unfollowing anyone:
- Find the post you want to hide and open it.
- Tap on the three dots icon in the top right corner of the image
- In the menu that appears, select Archive.
- This will hide the post you want others to see
- This is how you can hide your Instagram posts without unfollowing anyone.
Steps to display your post on Instagram
In case you want to display the post that you have archived earlier, you can do that too. To display the post, this is what you need to do:
- Go back to your Instagram profile and tap on the menu icon at the top
- Tap the first option that says ‘Archive’
- From the dropdown menu, select the ‘Post Archive’ option
- There you will see all the posts you have archived;
- Open the one you want to display and tap the menu icon in the top right corner again; tap ‘Show on profile’.
- Go back to your posts and refresh the page and you will see that the post has reappeared there.
Some of you may also be interested in knowing how to hide all Instagram posts at once, but there is no method for that. You can only hide your Instagram posts one by one using the ‘Archive’ option.
How to hide posts from someone on Instagram?
Now we all have that Instagram post that we want to hide from someone, but unfortunately, no method will allow you to hide your post from just one person. You can block someone from seeing your Instagram posts by removing them from your follower list so there is no need to block them. Or you can even block the person you want to hide your Instagram posts from. Similarly, you can’t hide your posts on Instagram from certain followers, you can hide posts from everyone or from no one.
If you want to hide your posts on Instagram, you can archive them one by one and no one will be able to see them. In case you want to hide a post from someone, there is no method to block them, or if you have a public account, you can make it private so that your posts remain hidden from non-followers.