Renowned American musician Axl Rose once overdosed on painkillers due to stress. Since then, his fans have always asked questions about why the musician overdosed on drugs and what happened to him after the drug overdose. In this article, we will share all the imperative details about the Axl Rose drug overdose incident that happened years ago in 1986. It may surprise you, but it is true that the lyrics of the song Coma by The Guns N’ Roses are inspired by his experience in the hospital due to drug overdose. If he too is struggling to do the same, this article will let you know all about his drug overdose history. Go ahead with this page and you should read the article till the end. Scroll down the page.
Has Axl Rose ever used drugs?
As several members of Guns N’ Roses began to face serious drug problems, Axl Rose decided to give the band an ultimatum during a 1989 opening stage slot with the Rolling Stones. He said that if the band members didn’t stop dancing with Mr. Brownstone, who is referencing the heroine, he would leave the band. Meanwhile, Slash promised Alx Rose that he would stop using drugs, but Guns N’ Roses drummer Steven Adler couldn’t kick his drug addiction. Therefore, drummer Steven Adler was dropped from the band due to his drug addiction. He, however, returned to the band to record Use Your Illusion after signing a contract in which he promised that he would not use drugs again.
But when the drummer went to record Civil War, he couldn’t perform because of his drug addiction. He did 20-30 botched takes while filming Civil War. That time, Adler was fired yet again and Matt Sorum was called in to replace him. Since the inception of the band Guns N’ Roses, Rose is the only constant member. He has a distinctive powerful voice. He is considered one of the greatest singers of all time.
He was born in Lafayette, Indiana. During the 1980s he immigrated to Los Angeles where he joined a local hard rock group and later went on to be part of various bands such as Hollywood Rose and LA Guns. In 1986, due to stress, he intentionally overdosed on painkillers. He simply grabbed the pill bottle during an argument and swallowed it. He ended up in the hospital and fell into a coma for a short time. Stay tuned to this website for more details and further updates.