Listen to the Podcast:
This article is about how to delete Twitch account easily. Twitch is the preferred platform for gamers to stream their games live. Also, to live stream their gameplay, Twitch allows users to comment with their audience in real time through the built-in chat. However, despite the fact that it is a booming platform, the truth is that some users get tired and decide to eliminate or deactivate it.
If you’ve had enough of Twitch but are pretty sure you’ll be back at some point, disable your account so your content doesn’t get lost. Deactivating your Twitch account is like putting it on hold while you “detox” from the platform. Until you turn it back on, other people won’t be able to use or see your user account. But all your content will still be there.
If you decide to disable your Twitch account, you should not forget to cancel your active Twitch Prime subscriptions or any other paid channel subscriptions. This will ensure that you are not charged for anything while your Twitch user account is deactivated.
Related reading: How to change the name of Twitch in 2023?
On the other hand, if we know we won’t be using Twitch again, we should delete our account and leave no trace on the site. Everything in your account, including your username, will be deleted forever. What if you ever feel bad about doing this? In that case, you can only create a new user account. You will not be able to recover content that you have already deleted.
With that said, here’s a step-by-step guide on how to deactivate or delete your Twitch account:
How to disable your Twitch account?
- Access the official Twitch website from your PC’s web browser (you will not be able to do so from the app)
- Once here, you must log in with your user account.
- Click the user icon at the top right of the interface.
- In the drop down menu, click on the option: Settings
- Click on the tab: Profile
- Now scroll down until you find the option: Deactivate your Twitch account
- In this option, a link will be provided that we will have to click on, specifically in the text: Deactivate account.
- This will take you to a new screen where you can provide the reason you are deactivating your Twitch account (NOT required)
- Finally, you just have to click on the purple button: Deactivate account.
Now, your Twitch account will be automatically closed and the account will be deactivated.
Related Reading: Common Twitch Marketing Mistakes
How to reactivate your Twitch account
- Go to the official Twitch website from your computer’s browser.
- Sign in to the deactivated Twitch account.
- This will automatically ask if you want to reactivate your Twitch account.
- Click on said button and your account will be ready to be used again, keeping all your content available to other users of the platform.
How to delete a Twitch account?
- Again, we must access Twitch from the desktop Web version.
- To delete your Twitch account, you will not find a specific configuration within your account, but you must access the following link: Delete Twitch account.
- Once here, if you are not logged into your account, you will need to do so by providing the username and password of the account you wish to delete.
- On the next screen, please indicate why you deleted your user account.
- Just below this field, you will have to click on the button: Delete account.
- Twitch will confirm that your account has been deleted. Once this message is displayed on the screen, your Twitch account, settings and all other data will be deleted.
It is very important to remember that if you delete your account from Twitch, you will not be able to get it back and other users will be able to create accounts under that User ID (username) once it is made available by Twitch.
So if you’re not sure what you’ll do with your Twitch account in the future, it’s a good idea to deactivate it before deleting it.
Subscribe to our latest newsletter
To read our exclusive content, sign up now. $5/month, $50/year