IPVanish is an excellent VPN app that you can use on your Android to encrypt your data, stream entertainment media, and also browse the web anonymously. However, for that, you need to download, install and configure the software on your Android first and that can be a bit long and daunting process at the same time.
Therefore, to make it easier for you, we present this tutorial that breaks down the steps and takes you through the download, installation and setup process one by one. So, let’s get started with the process of how you can use the IPVanish VPN app in just a few minutes:
- First, visit the IPVanish website from your Android and click ‘Start Now’.
- By doing so, you will be redirected to the IPVanish pricing and plans page. When you get there, choose the plan that best suits your needs and hire it.
- To purchase, you must complete the checkout process by entering your email address, a unique password, and selecting a payment method.
- Once it is complete, you will receive an email to verify your email address. So you just have to click the link in the email to verify your email address.
- After doing so, you will be taken to the “Get Started” page from where you can download the software by simply clicking the link for the operating system on which you want to run the software. For example, in this case, you should select the ‘Android’ option to download the software.
- Now, open the ‘Settings’ page and navigate to the ‘Security’ tab. There, tap the ‘Unknown Sources’ toggle switch to allow your Android to allow installation from sources other than the Google Play Store.
However, if you want, you can also download the IPVanish software from the Google Play Store. To do it-
- Open the Google Play Store.
- There, enter IPVanish VPN in the search bar and select the IPVanish VPN app.
- Doing so will open a Google Play Store download page for IPVanish VPN and from there, tap on the ‘Install’ button.
Now, since you have successfully downloaded and installed the IPVanish VPN app on your Android; Follow these steps to set up the IPVanish app:
- Tap on the ‘Open’ button to launch the IPVanish VPN app installed on your Android.
- Doing so will bring up a screen with the IPVanish Setup Wizard, and simply follow the prompts by clicking ‘Next’.
- Then, if prompted, allow IPVanish to make changes to your system. If not, just click on the ‘Run IPVanish’ option.
- After that, you will get to the main menu of the app and there, tap on ‘Sign up’ to create a new account or ‘Login’ with your email address and password, if you already have one.
- Once you do, the next screen will allow you to choose your ‘Server’ location.
- For that, you can tap on the settings tab from where you can change all your settings including your connection type. So, when you are ready with the changes, tap on ‘Connect’ to enjoy browsing the Internet safely on your Android.
Also Read: Download, Install and Set Up the Surfshark VPN Android App