Many people tend to hide things like apps on their iPhones and don’t leave them exposed to the public. And if you’re also someone who prefers to keep a few things to yourself, or likes a tidy app home page, read on.
While there are some ways to hide apps on iPhone, such as by using third-party apps, it is not always the safe way. How can you play with the security of your data. So, in the case of hiding apps on an iPhone, we have quite simple methods that we will discuss in the article.
So let’s jump right in and get the ball rolling!
Can you hide apps on iPhone?
If you’re wondering if it’s possible to hide apps on an iPhone, it definitely is. You can hide apps on iPhone in both ways: directly through the built-in options or by using third-party apps.
It’s not a big deal to hide apps on an iPhone if you know the ways correctly. So let’s get into the steps without waiting any further and see different methods to hide apps on an iPhone.
Ways to Hide Apps on iPhone
Due to a number of reasons, many people prefer to keep their apps hidden. And if you are also one of them, we are here to tell you everything.
Basically, there are two ways to hide apps on an iPhone without the use of third-party apps. So, let’s get started with the steps for both methods below.
If you want to hide apps on an iPhone using folders, the steps are quite simple.
- Open the home screen of your iPhone.
- Now tap and hold the app you want to hide.
- Then select the Edit Home Screen option.
- Once the apps start to wiggle, long press on the selected app and drag it over any other apps where you prefer to hide it.
- Once the apps are together, tap and hold the app again and move it to the right. This will create a new page in the folder.
- Now the app will no longer be visible on your iPhone home screen.
By following the steps above, you can hide the apps on your iPhone. However, if you find this way a bit tricky, there is another method that uses the App Library on iPhone to hide apps on an iPhone.
Through the application library
In addition to hiding apps using folders, you can also hide apps on an iPhone through the App Library. To find out, follow these steps:
- Go to the home screen of your iPhone.
- Now go to the app you want to hide and long press on it select Remove app.
- Then select the Remove from home screen option.
Now the app will be successfully removed, therefore it will be hidden from your home screen as you can still access it from the app library. If you also want to hide apps from your App Store history, read on.
Steps to hide apps from app store history
Just like hiding apps on iPhone, from the home screen in different ways, you can also hide apps from App Store history. To find out how, follow the steps below:
- Launch the App Store on your iPhone and click your profile icon.
- Then select Purchased.
- After that, find the app you want to hide and swipe it to the left, tap on Hide. Then click Done.
Now the app will also remain hidden in your app store history. If you want to know how you can find the hidden apps on your iPhone, follow the steps given in the next section.
How to find hidden apps on iPhone?
If you have hidden an app or more apps on your iPhone and cannot find them on the home screen, and now you want to find them, please use the methods below.
- Go to your iPhone’s app library.
- Now click on the search bar and type the name of the app you are looking for.
💡 Tip: Instead of typing the name of the app, you can also ask Siri to do it for you and the results will appear.
- If you still have the app on your iPhone, but it’s not showing up on the Home screen, it’s in the App Library.
In this way, you will be able to find the hidden apps on your iPhone. However, the apps will not appear if you previously deleted or uninstalled them.
Can you hide apps on your iPhone without deleting them?
Answer: Yes, you can easily hide apps on an iPhone without deleting them. Just follow the given steps:
- First, long press on the app you want to hide and move it to any other app.
- Now a folder will be created with a name that you can change later.
- After that, drag that app to the right side and it will be moved to a new page of the same folder.
Now your app will be successfully hidden from the home page, without being removed.
Is it possible to hide apps on an iPad like on an iPhone?
Answer: Yes, apps on an iPad can be hidden in the same way as on an iPhone, since their settings are pretty much the same.
Is there a hidden folder on the iPhone?
Answer: There is a hidden photos folder in the iPhone/iPad Photos app where all the hidden photos are saved.
Can you hide apps from your iPhone search results?
Answer: To hide an app from your iPhone search results, all you have to do is follow the steps below:
- Open configuration.
- Go to Siri and search.
- Now scroll down and choose the app you want to hide.
- Disable the “Show app in search” option.
By following the steps above, you will be able to hide an app from your iPhone search results.