Listen to the Podcast:
Visual information is the easiest to understand and you can use this observation to your business advantage. Many successful companies cite an explainer video as a secret tool that has helped them grow and build lasting relationships with their target audience. So, here we reveal the secret to creating top-notch content and establishing a creative and effective mode for interactions with target users.
New digital marketing trends
We live in the age of informational consumerism, which contributes to the popularity of all types of content. Thus, you can earn the loyalty of your target users and create your own tribe by popularizing high-quality and original explainer videos with value. Today, people are digitally savvy and discerning, so they aren’t just looking for another copy from a famous blogger or analogue information from a top-tier brand. The time has come for unique experiences that you can offer with new and untested visual communication tools.
Why do people fall in love with video content?
You may doubt the power of animated videos on your target audience. However, the facts are obvious: images are still the preferred and attractive source of information for most people. Is that how it works:
- Visual content is more intuitively appealing. As psychology experts point out, presenting material in a visual form is more instinctively appealing to human feelings. All people are visual creatures, so they can better understand impressive and memorable concepts if they are packaged in videos or images. Also, the images create stronger emotional responses in most viewers.
- People decode images more easily. People store more information and process visual material in the subconscious more easily. It is the peculiarity of the human brain; we understand images much better than other forms of content, be it auditory or sensory information.
- Visual information is more digestible. Videos are the best tool for communicating complex concepts and ideas to customers, as video content is more digestible. Viewing the images and seeing how they work in a video allows users to quickly grasp the business essence and key business values and capture the brand story.
- The powerful images remain long in the memories.. Images alone make a lasting impression on viewers as they stick in their memories and create strong associations in their minds. This power is often used by brands that create impactful videos to create a stronger brand image and enhance that impression with additional advertising tools.
How to use images in communication?
Now that we know the rules of the explainer video, it’s time to learn how to do it with maximum user impact in mind. Here are a couple of pro tips production experts share with aspiring brands.
Less is more
Quickly creating multiple videos is obviously a result that every productivity-obsessed customer dreams of. But things don’t work that way in explainer videos. Here, it would be best to focus on the quality of the content rather than its quantity; High-quality explainer videos are timeless, grab the user’s attention and provide valuable brand insight for many years. Therefore, your priorities must be in the delivery of value and original content.
A clear, understandable and consistent message is at the core of any winning explainer video. There’s no point in investing in explainer videos that talk about something beyond the scope of your brand or don’t consider the interests of your target audience. Therefore, it makes sense to focus on one central idea in each explainer video; it will be easier to position it like this, share it with people who are surely interested in that content, and achieve the desired business objectives with their help.
Don’t forget that animated videos are creative pieces that shouldn’t look like a college lecture. Adding a creative flower combined with your brand’s unique personality to the mix is vital, making the things you talk about less obvious. Experts recommend applying out-of-the-box thinking and using various creative storytelling tricks to create that “wow” effect that builds as the video ends.
Video production is an old and well-established industry. Even once-pioneering 2D and 3D animation no longer surprises anyone; it is a standard rather than a breakthrough. However, there is still room for experimentation. You can undermine existing standards to produce something original and uniquely appealing to consumers; this will keep their interest on and improve the link of your users with your brand.
Focus on the target audience
It’s impossible to make the video focus precisely on a specific person or a small group of people; most of the videos are aimed at large population groups. However, there are still plenty of tips and tricks to address everyone instead of making the video too generic for me to like or remember. You can focus on contemporary and relevant issues such as diversity; focus on the variety of tastes and preferences of people with a focus on inclusion without blindness. These accents can help you communicate each individual consumer’s value to your brand, even if you don’t directly talk about each of them.
How to make your videos popular: final tips
Now that you know that explainer videos are the norm and you’ve mastered a couple of how-to video production tips, it’s time to add the icing on your cake: some proven strategies for increasing user engagement. Professionals working in the world of video production say that users rave about videos that:
- Appear competent and professional
- They are easy to understand
- Contain eye-catching images
- Match the brand identity
With these simple tricks, you can exponentially improve your video ratings and attract new viewers every time. The main thing to keep in mind is that diversity is still a sensitive issue; so don’t go too far in your experimentation with symbols and images. It can occasionally offend some cultural groups, which is a risk with unpredictable consequences.
Subscribe to our latest newsletter
To read our exclusive content, sign up now. $5/month, $50/year