New Delhi, Counter of Spirituality | Sawan Shivratri 2023: According to the Hindu calendar, July 15 is the monthly Shivratri of the month of Sawan. This festival is held every month on the Krishna Paksha Chaturdashi. It is enshrined in religious scriptures that Lord Shiva and Mother Parvati joined in marriage on the date of Mahashivratri. That is why the date of Shivratri has special importance. Later, Mother Parvati had done a difficult penance for Lord Shiva. Pleased with the harsh penance, Lord Shiva had accepted Mother Parvati in the form of Ardhangini. Therefore, single people pay special worship to Lord Shiva on Shivratri for early marriage. On the other hand, married women fast on Shivratri to get happiness, children and good luck. There are many strict rules for performing Shivratri. Following these rules, the fast is complete. If you are also fasting on Sawan Shivratri to get your desired boyfriend then definitely know about the fasting rules. let’s know-
What to do on Sawan Shivratri day
– On the day of Savan Shivratri, after bathing and meditating, first anoint Lord Shiva with the water of the Ganges. After that, spread with raw milk. At the end, mix bel patra and fragrance in normal water and offer Arghya. If desired, anoint Lord Shiva with Panchamrit mixed with milk, curd, honey, Gangajal and water in a brass container.
– Women should offer makeup items, green bangles and vermilion to Mother Parvati during worship. Be sure to apply vermilion to the forehead after offering it. Unmarried girls are required to recite ‘Ram Raksha Strot’ at this time.
– Keep good thoughts in your mind about Sawan Shivratri. So remember Shiva in your mind.
To get the blessings of Lord Shiva, offer things like cannabis, datura, belpatra, etc. in the Shivling. Recite Shiv Chalisa and perform aarti at this time.
– You must follow the rules of celibacy on Sawan Shivratri.
what not to do
Do not take food on Sawan Shivratri. If you are observing a fast, then eat fruits after evening aarti. Take fruits only during the day. Open the fast on the day after Sawan Shivratri by worshipping. Food can be taken at this time.
– It is forbidden to sleep during the day on Sawan Shivratri. So don’t sleep during the day even by mistake.
– On Sawan Shivratri, no member of the household should take revengeful food. Refrain from somersaults and monster food.
– Do not consume sour things on Sawan Shivratri even by mistake.
– Do not use Tulsi Dal in the worship of Lord Shiva.
Disclaimer: The accuracy or reliability of any information/material/calculation contained in this article is not guaranteed. This information has been brought to you after gathering it from various media/astrologers/almanacs/speeches/beliefs/scriptures. Our objective is only to provide information, its users must take it as mere information. In addition, any use thereof will be under the sole responsibility of the user.