We tend to do some things that we may regret later. So sometimes when we need some privacy, we hide apps on our iPhone devices but then we don’t know how to locate them. So is there a way to find hidden apps on iPhones? Of course there is, and surely you have landed at the right stop.
Here I have accumulated some ways to help you locate hidden iOS apps. Take a close look and see which of the following works for you.
Find hidden apps on iPhone
Follow the methods below to access hidden apps on your iPhone.
Method 1 – Use the search function
The first and easiest way to find hidden apps on iPhone is from the search function of your device. Let’s find out:
- Unlock your iPhone and just swipe down from the center of your screen.
- At the top of the screen, click the search bar.
- In the search bar, enter the name of the app you are looking for.
- If the app (hidden or not) is installed on your device, it will appear in the search results.
Method 2 – Use the App Library
Another way to locate hidden iOS apps is through the App Library. Even if the app has been hidden from the search bar, there is no way for it to stay hidden in the app library. This is how the App Library can show hidden apps on iPhone:
- Go to the home screen of your iOS device and swipe from right to left until you open the App Library.
- There, you will see all the apps divided according to the categories such as social media, utilities, shopping and others.
- You can look at the app from those categories or just use the app library search bar.
- Once you have found the app, long press on it to launch the app menu option and click on the ‘Add to home screen’ option.
Method 3: Use Siri to find hidden apps
Let’s not forget that iPhone users have an assistant called Siri that accompanies them everywhere. Therefore, you can use Siri to help you find hidden apps on your iPhone. Also, there may be some restrictions enabled on the hidden app due to which it does not appear in the search bar; in such cases, you can take the help of Siri; that is how:
- Just unlock your phone and invoke Siri. Siri can be invoked by long-pressing the side button or by simply saying “Hey Siri.”
- When Siri is enabled, ask Siri to “Open (app name)”.
- Siri will automatically find the app on your system and launch it for you.
Method 4 – Use the app store
Another method to find the hidden apps on your iOS device is through hidden app purchases on the App Store. That is how:
- Launch the App Store on your iPhone and visit your profile from there.
- Click on your name and scroll down to locate the Hidden Purchases option.
- You can browse the list of apps and find the one you’ve been looking for.
- Once you’ve found the app, you can click the download button to bring it back to your iPhone.
Method 5 – Find the app from the apps folder
You may have grouped some apps in the same category and created folders for them. The same folders can be used here; maybe the hidden app you’ve been looking for is in one of those folders, as these folders can have up to 12 different pages. Let’s find out:
- Unlock your iPhone and find all the app folders on your home screen.
- Look through all the pages of each app folder to locate the hidden app.
- Once you have found the app, drag it to the main page of the folder or out of it according to your requirements.
Method 6 – Check Hidden Home Screen Pages
Sometimes you might have hidden the entire page from your home screen. In such cases, you need to show the entire page to locate the hidden iOS apps. That is how:
- On your home screen, press any blank space until all the app icons move.
- Then, tap on the little dots present at the bottom of the screen.
- This will take you to another page where all the pages are displayed.
- Click on the empty circle present at the bottom of the page to return to the home screen.
And now that the page is back, so are the apps on that page.
Method 7 – Remove Screen Time Restrictions
Screen Time is a pretty useful feature that limits how much you can spend on your iPhone. The features also come with hiding some apps like iMessage, camera or any other. So hidden apps cannot be accessed from Screen Time Restriction feature until they are removed. So, if you want to show an app from the screen time restriction section, then follow the steps below:
- On your iPhone, visit the Settings app and click on the Screen Time option.
- Go to Content & Privacy Restrictions and provide your Screen Time Passcode or Face ID.
- Once done, go to the Allowed Apps option and toggle the button next to the app you want to bring back to your home screen.
Method 8- Reset Home Screen Layout
If you still can’t locate the hidden app you’ve been looking for so far, you can try resetting the entire home screen layout of your iPhone.
When you set the full home screen layout from scratch, all app folders will be removed. Thus, you will be able to locate the app you have been looking for. That is how:
- Visit the Settings app on your iPhone.
- There, click on General and then on Reset.
- Select the option that says Reset Home Screen Layout.
- Once the reset process is complete, return to the home screen and the app should be somewhere.
So, these were all the methods that you can use while managing how to show apps on iPhone and reveal secret apps on iPhone issues.
Here are some frequently asked questions on how to find hidden apps on the iPhone home screen:
How can you show apps on Apple Watch?
Answer: For this, go to the Watch app from the paired phone, go to My Watch, then Installed on Apple Watch, Show App on App Watch, and then change the app you want to show.
How can I display an app on my iPhone?
Answer: There are many ways to display an app on your iPhone, you can use Siri, search bar, app folder, app library or other methods.
Can you directly delete the hidden app on your iPhone?
Answer: Yes, you can. Go to Settings > General > Storage > iCloud Storage, and you’ll see all the apps listed there. Locate the one you want to remove and click the Remove App option.