The demand for Project Manager to take care of business projects is increasing with the expansion of industries. With diversified and focused needs, a company demands a lot from its employees. This is where Project Managers have to come in and boost their operations. Prince2 is the framework that guides project management around the world. Developed as a means to codify best practices for project management, PRINCE2 has now become a hallmark standard for projects. If you are looking for PRINCE2 certification in India, you can get the best support from Invensis.
PRINCE was derived from the principles of an earlier framework called PROMPT 2. The first edition of the framework called Projects in Controlled Environments or PRINCE, in short, was developed in 1989 by the UK government. The second edition of PRINCE was named PRINCE2. The new edition was published in the year 1996 and stands as the de facto project management standard developed and adopted by the UK.
What is PRINCE2?
PRINCE2 is a well-built, highly structured framework that outlines a method for project management. The main goal of PRINCE2 is to break the work of a project into small, manageable chunks of tasks. To achieve this, PRINCE2 prescribes six tolerances or performance targets that must be followed. They are:
- Scope: what the project is limited to and what it should work for.
- Time scale: In what period of time should the project be carried out?
- Risk: What are the various risks and contingencies associated with the project.
- Quality: What exactly is the quality of the result that the project is expected to deliver?
- Benefits: How beneficial it will be to carry out the project for the business.
- Cost: What are the associated costs that must be incurred during the project?
In addition, the PRINCE2 training also talks about seven principles that should be part of your way of thinking:
- Ongoing Business Justification: The business and its documents must be justified and verified regularly to avoid errors. Project managers should always be accountable to their superiors.
- Learn from experience: PRINCE2 is all about continuous growth. As you do more projects, you develop experience and know how to get better at your job.
- Define roles and responsibilities: It is important that everyone clearly knows what exactly their roles and duties are to avoid confusion.
- Manage stages – A project is divided into many different stages of completion, each with its own unique needs and demands.
- Manage Exceptions – Exceptional events are bound to occur in any environment. The important thing is that your training ensures that you are capable of dealing with these exceptions.
- Product Focus: The focus of the manager and the team should always be to deliver the highest quality end product to the customer.
- Tailor-made environment: The work environment has to be adapted exactly to each project.
To harness the powers of PRINCE 2, taking a PRINCE2 online course is the best way to learn the necessary principles. Seasoned professionals can definitely make a great career in project management.
Subscribe to our latest newsletter
To read our exclusive content, sign up now. $5/month, $50/year